Recruitment: 2 positions available for Project Assistant Professor
Center for General Education, National Taiwan University (Assisting the Office of International Affairs for the General Courses in English)
Project Assistant Professor or above
Holds a Ph.D. degree or is licensed to work as an Assistant Professor or above.
Specialized in Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Linguisitcs or related fields.
Has the ability to conduct classes entirely in English; those with experience conducting classes entirely in English are preferred.
In principle, 16 hours of teaching load per week, mainly for general courses in English. Subjects include: East Asian Politics, Economics, Sociology, History, Culture,Linguistics, Natural Sciences or related subjects.
Assist in other general courses, credit-bearing program(s), degree program(s), and Short-term programs designed for international students (such as Spring+ and Summer+ programs).
Assist in the planning of courses.
- A curriculum vitae, including:
- - Basic information
- Contact information (address, phone number, email address, emergency contact person)
- Detailed educational and working background (include dates of study, for example: 8/2006 - 8/2009)
- Brief introduction to research fields
- Bibliography of completed publication (please include all authors credited for each piece (according to the order listed in the original publication), the name of each piece, name and volume number of the publication it appears in, date of publication, and specific page numbers. Please list if it appears in SSCI, SCI, EI or related indexes.)
- Syllabi of previously conducted courses, and any other helpful documents.
- An autobiography in Chinese (700 - 1,000 characters)
- An autobiography in English (2,000 - 3,000 words)
- Copy of personal identification card, diploma and the certificate of education and work background.
- Three recommendation letters
- Copy of Teachers certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of having conducted courses in English (if applicable)
- One representative work (one main piece of writing you would like to submit for our consideration) and up to three supplemental works.
- Any other scholarly articles or creative works that you would like to attach.
One year contract starting from Aug. 01, 2015, with opportunity for renewal.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2015 (postmarked by)
- Please send the three recommendation letters and other physical materials to Mr. Hui Meng Huang at the National Taiwan University Center for General Education. Address: 1 Roosevelt Road, Da-an District, Taipei City, 10617, TAIWAN (10617臺北市大安區羅斯福路四段1號, 國立臺灣大學共同教育中心)On the envelope please write “Project Assistant Professor Application 應徵專案教師”followed by your name.
- Send the Curriculum Vitae via e-mail to Mr. Hui Meng Huang email@example.com , with subject “Project Assistant Professor Application 應徵專案教師” followed by your name.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be asked to come to NTU in June for teaching demonstration and interview. The specific date, venue and demonstration information will be informed at a later time.
- Mr. Huang Hui Meng 黃輝猛先生(02) 33662545 ext. 249