Overseas students applying to NTU are divided into International Students, Overseas Chinese Students, Hong Kong and Macao Students, and Mainland Chinese Students. The application process, tuition fees, and available degrees may differ depending on students' identities. Before you start your application to NTU, it is important to check your eligibility and decide the application methods you would like to use to submit your application.
International applicants with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs;
International applicants with a Bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for Master’s Degree programs;
International applicants with a Master's degree are eligible to apply for PhD programs.
Note: Applicants with a previous degree from Mainland China are subjected to the following regulations.
- The university where the previous degree was obtained must be listed under MOE’s “List of Recognized Higher Education Institutions in Mainland China” (Chinese version only).
- The period of study must fulfil the minimum requirements of Article 7 of MOE’s “Regulations on Academic Qualifications from Mainland China” (Chinese version only).
- One must not meet any circumstances listed under Article 8 of MOE’s “Regulations on Academic Qualifications from Mainland China” (Chinese version only).
International Student Status Eligibility Check
*As defined by the Ministry of Education, the first semester starting date is August 1st and February 1st for the second semester
**The only exception to this rule applies to those who fulfill one of the following requirements in Taiwan and can provide documented proof:：
(1) Overseas youth training courses organized by the Overseas Compatriot Affairs Council or technique training classes accredited by the Ministry of Education in Taiwan
(2) A Mandarin Chinese language center at a university/college in Taiwan of which foreign student recruitment is approved by the Ministry of Education, and to which the total length of stay is less than 2 years
(3) Exchange students in Taiwan, whose length of total exchange is less than 2 years
(4) An internship in Taiwan that has been approved by an authorized central government agency and is less than 2 years
***The stay in Hong Kong/Macao will not be calculated for those who hold a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao.
****As defined by the University, the first semester classes start in September and second semester classes start in February.
The results of this qualification check is for reference only. The applicant's actual qualifications need to be confirmed in accordance with the Nationality Act of the Republic of China and MOE "Regulations regarding International student undertaking studies in Taiwan."