Overseas Chinese Student Status Requirements
1. A student of Chinese/ Taiwanese descent, who was born and has stayed overseas continuously so far, or has recently stayed overseas for more than 6 years. Applicants who want to apply to a department of medicine, dentistry, or Chinese medicine must have stayed overseas for more than 8 years.
2. Students who have obtained permanent or long-term residence permits in the place of overseas residence.
Hong Kong & Macau Student Status Requirements
1. Residents of Hong Kong or Macau, who have obtained permanent residence permits for Hong Kong and Macau.
2. Those who have resided in Hong Kong, Macau or overseas continuously for more than 6 years. Applicants who want to apply to a department of medicine, dentistry or Chinese medicine must have stayed for more than 8 years.
How to Apply
1. Individual enrollment for each university: Those who wish to apply for a bachelor's program at NTU can apply through "Recommendation by Overseas Senior High Schools" offered by the National Taiwan University System (including National Taiwan University, National Taiwan Normal University, and National Taiwan University of Science and Technology).
(Applications are open from August 3, 2020 to October 8, 2020)
2. Individual application: through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students; please contact the committee for related questions.
3. Joint distribution: through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students; please contact the committee for related questions.
*For the relevant laws and regulations concerning Overseas Chinese Students, including Hong Kong and Macao Students, coming to Taiwan to study, please refer to: https://cmn-hant.overseas.ncnu.edu.tw/acts.