2019/2020 Post-Arrival Guidebook
Please click on the photo to access the AY2019/2020 Post-Arrival Guidebook which includes essential information on topics including course selection, campus life, dormitory, etc. To download an electronic version, please click here.
Welcome Activities (for 2019 Fall Semester)
OIA prepared a series of welcome activities to welcome you to National Taiwan University. Please access the 2019/2020 Orientation Activities to get the most updated information.
Registration (for 2019 Fall Semester)
Exchange students must complete registration after arrival in Taiwan. Please follow the information sent from the Office of International Affairs and attend registration on-time.
Two things you must do before the registration:
1. Provide your emergency contact in Taiwan
Please refer to my.ntu.edu.tw/stuinfo to provide your contact information in Taiwan. As a reminder, all blanks on the page are mandatory items. With regard to your contact number in Taiwan, there are many telecommunication stores near campus that sell prepaid phone cards or SIM cards. You may ask your student volunteer or the reception desk in the dormitory for more help.
2. Finish payment and get a receipt
The Exchange student's tuition fee is waived but the Service fee for Information Networking Infrastructure (TWD 400~600) is required.
Please follow the instructions of How to Print Your Billing Statement to download and finish payment before the registration.
Five items you need to bring to the registration venue:
1. Admission letter
2. Payment sheet and receipt (Service fee for Information Networking Infrastructure)
3. Hard copy of NTU Health Exam Form & Form C
4. Photocopy of Medical & Accident Insurance Proof (in Chinese or English)
5. International Student Declaration Form
1. Please make sure you have pasted a passport size photo on the NTU Health Exam Form.
2. Students without all required documents or arrive late to the registration venue are not allowed to complete the registration on the assigned date. If you did not complete registration, please email your NTU exchange coordinator to schedule a make-up registration.
Extend or Shorten Your Exchange Period
The maximum exchange period at NTU is one academic year. If you have already been admitted for one academic year, no further extension will be approved.
To extend or shorten your exchange period, you must apply before December 1 during the Fall/First Semester or June 1 during the Spring/Second Semester. Please note that approvals from both NTU and your home university are required for exchange period extensions. If the program has reached the maximum number of students, an extension will not be approved.
Please contact your NTU exchange coordinator for further information.