+N3 is a program for understanding developmental processes using genetic or genomic approaches, focus on basic knowledge, and tools in developmental biology. Students will work under the supervision of the faculty members to conduct a hands-on project and a final presentation. This program offers projects on yeast, C. elegans, Drosophila, planarian, leech, zebrafish, mouse, and Arabidopsis. In addition to the lab experience lectures, a field trip to explore Taiwanese culture will be arranged.
Participants are encouraged to visit several labs in this program for more practical research experiences.
Academic institution visit
Participants have the opportunity to visit some academic institution on/ off campus in this program.
2024 Summer+ Programs
Developmental Biology/ August 2024
+N3 Summer Program on Developmental Biology
Learning molecular and cellular mechanisms of development has been a fascinating subject in life science. Summer +N3 is designed for students who are interested in understanding developmental processes using genetic or genomic approaches. An intensive 2-week program will start with lectures on basic knowledge and tools in developmental biology. Then, each student will conduct a hands-on project under the supervision of participating faculty members. At the end of the course, students will share their results with all participants on the presentation day. Currently, we have yeast, C. elegans, Drosophila, planarian, leech, zebrafish, mouse, and Arabidopsis as potential materials for the course project. Students are encouraged to interact with their classmates and the faculty members during the course.
One-day Field trip
In addition to the lab experience and a couple of lectures, one field trip to explore the Taiwanese culture will be arranged. Students are going to visit local night market, Taipei 101, Taiwan National Palace Museum, and so on. Chances are such wonderful cultural baptism could build up as a part of beautiful memories in this program.
The program fee includes tuition, orientation, cultural courses and activities, and is exclusive of accommodation fee.
*Housing information is to be confirmed.
The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The program fee is:
- fully refundable if NTU cancels the program.
- fully refundable if the student cancels the program before April 30.
- 90% refundable if the student cancels the program before the start of class.
- 50% refundable if the student cancels the program before finishing 1/3 of the program.
- not refundable if the student cancels after finishing more than 1/3 of the program.
*Please note our program is a package, including some optional activities. The fee for activities won't be refunded if you choose to be absent from these activities.
How To Apply
Age: 16 or above
Before April 30th, 2024
- Register and verify your email
- Fill in the online application form
- Pay the application fee USD 200 online by credit card
- Upload Documents:
-A color copy of your official transcripts (PDF format)
-A head-shot photo (jpg format)
- Check the result: The submitted documents will be reviewed by NTU and will send the acceptance/rejection notice.
- Pay the program fee with 5 working days after receiving the acceptance notice. You can choose to pay by bank wire or by online credit card
- After NTU confirms your payment status, you are able to fill in admission information. NTU will send you the Admission Letter and Pre-departure guide before the program starts.
* If you pay the program fee by bank wire to Hua Nan Commercial Bank, NTU Branch, please note that you need to consider exchange rate discrepancy and the wire fees charged by your bank and Hua-Nan bank in order to make sure you make the exact amount payment to NTU account. Hua-Nan bank may charge additional USD 20 wire fee.
Please be informed that it requires 1 to 1.5 months to apply for the ROC Exit/Entry Permit, students of Mainland China nationality must sign-up before April 30th, and pay for the course fee and complete all the documentation before May 20th. Please be informed that if you are currently outside of China, please do not leave the country until your Taiwan Entry Permit has been successfully approved. In addition, please do not apply for the ROC Entry Permit by youself.
Yu-ting Hung (Ms.)
Chin-Yuet Kwok (Ms.)