This program is designed to meet the needs of students at all levels, whether you're a beginner or have prior experience with Chinese language. It offers an in-class curriculum that encourages interaction and helps you enhance your communication skills. The course covers various themes that connect your daily language learning with cultural experiences and interactions with NTU local students. We also provide a series of English-conducted lectures and field trips that allow you to explore specific environmental and sociocultural aspects of Taiwan.
NTU Plus Academy!
Engage in cultural immersion through our excursions, providing valuable insights into Taiwanese heritage. Additionally, our one-day trip, conducted outside of Taipei, offers a comprehensive exploration of the region's rich diversity.
A team of well-trained NTU students is here to provide valuable support throughout your program.
2024 Spring+ Programs
Chinese Language and Culture Program (March 4-26, 2024)
Chinese Course (3 NTU short-term program credits )
Students will study intensively for 3 hours per day throughout the 3-Week program and be expected to finish 3 to 4 lessons. The schedule may be adjusted according to students’ levels and learning efficiency. The program will focus on oral and written training, and there will be homework after class, which can help to strengthen students’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Tutor Station provides an interactive learning experience for the students. Local NTU Students will assist students with their homework, preparation for presentation/exam for this program, and practice Chinese language verbal communication skills.
Exploring Taiwan Course, Cultural Visits & Cultural Activities
The Exploring Taiwan Course consists of a combination of in-class lectures, cultural tours, and activities. The lectures provide in-depth studies on specific social-cultural aspects of Taiwan. The cultural tours and activities supplement students’ learning from class lectures. Through a series of English-conducted lectures, cultural tours, and activities, students are expected to gain knowledge about different environmental, historical, and sociocultural facets of Taiwan. Exploring Taiwan classes allow students to understand how Taiwan’s past has shaped its modern state, and the subtle ways Taiwan embraces foreign culture with its local culture.
*Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive an academic transcript with 3 NTU short-term program credits. If they wish to have their credits approved, they should consult their home institutions and credit advisors in advance.
The program fee includes tuition, orientation, cultural courses and activities.
The accommodation fee is NOT included, and participants should be responsible for their own housing.
Additionally, we offer assistance for your reservation with a special discount exclusively for program participants. All the rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited availability. Use the contact infomation at the bottom of the page to contact us with your needs to receive detailed information on our recommended accommodations.
List of Off-campus Accommodation
List of Partner Institutions
Scholarship opportunities for students from Indiana University, Temple University, The University of Texas at Austin, Washington University in St. Louis, University of St Andrews, Michigan State University, and Cornell University. Click here to learn more.
The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The program fee is:
- fully refundable if NTU cancels the program.
- 90% refundable if the student cancels the program before the start of class.
- 50% refundable if the student cancels the program before finishing 1/3 of the program.
- not refundable if the student cancels after finishing more than 1/3 of the program.
* Please note our program is a package, including some optional activities. The fee for activities won't be refunded if you choose to be absent from these activities.
* We reserve the right to verify the program's viability by February 5. If minimum enrollment is not met, the program may be subject to cancellation, with refunds provided accordingly.
How To Apply
Age: 16 or above
November 15, 2023 - January 15, 2024
- Register and verify your email
- Fill in the online application form
- Pay the application fee USD 200 online by credit card
- Upload Documents:
-A color copy of your official transcripts (PDF format)
-A head-shot photo (jpg format)
-A color copy of your passport bio page (jpg format)
- Check the result: The submitted documents will be reviewed by NTU and will send the acceptance/rejection notice.
- Pay the program fee with 5 working days after receiving the acceptance notice. You can choose to pay by bank wire or by online credit card
- After NTU confirms your payment status, you are able to fill in admission information. NTU will send you the Admission Letter and Pre-departure guide before the program starts.
* If you pay the program fee by bank wire to Hua Nan Commercial Bank, NTU Branch, please note that you need to consider exchange rate discrepancy and the wire fees charged by your bank and Hua-Nan bank in order to make sure you make the exact amount payment to NTU account. Hua-Nan bank may charge additional USD 20 wire fee.
Elisa ZHOU (Ms.)
Tel: +886-(0)2-33662007 ext 211