This program has been designed for students of all levels, beginning or advanced, who want to learn Chinese fluently. Additionally, in class curriculum provides opportunities for interaction and improving communication abilities. The course includes different themes that tie together the daily language class, cultural activities and interactions with locals. We also offer a series of English-based lectures and field trips that allow you to explore specific environmental and sociocultural aspects of Taiwan.
Feel NTU Plus Academy!
Our excursions give you a direct understanding of Taiwanese culture while one-day trips are organized outside of Taipei for an in-depth exploration of our diverse nation.
Each program offers well-trained NTU students who can provide support for any problem you may encounter during your summer program.
Chinese Language and Culture Program (June 24-August 2, 2024)
Chinese Course (5 NTU short-term program credits )
Students will study intensively for 3 hours per day throughout the 6-Week program and be expected to finish 5 to 6 lessons. The schedule may be adjusted according to students’ levels and learning efficiency. The program will focus on oral and written training, and there will be homework after class, which can help to strengthen students’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Tutor Station provides an interactive learning experience for the students. Local NTU Students will assist students with their homework, preparation for presentation/exam for this program, and practice Chinese language verbal communication skills.
Exploring Taiwan Course, Cultural Visits & Cultural Activities (2 NTU short-term program credits )
The Exploring Taiwan Course consists of a combination of in-class lectures, cultural tours, and activities. The lectures provide in-depth studies on specific social-cultural aspects of Taiwan. The cultural tours and activities supplement students’ learning from class lectures. Through a series of English-based lectures, cultural tours, and activities, students are expected to gain knowledge about different environmental, historical, and sociocultural facets of Taiwan. Exploring Taiwan classes allow students to understand how Taiwan’s past has shaped its modern state, and the subtle ways Taiwan embraces foreign culture with its local culture.
*Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive an academic transcript with 7 NTU short-term program credits. If they wish to have their credits approved, they should consult their home institutions and credit advisors in advance.
The program fee includes tuition, orientation, cultural courses, and activities.
The accommodation fee is NOT included, and participants should be responsible for their own housing.
List of Off-campus Accommodation
List of Partner Institutions
To facilitate your summer stay while studying at the NTU Plus Academy Summer+ Programs, We have assisted in arranging an additional housing option at Pure Co-living by 9floor with a discount rate for you.
Please be advised that NTU Plus Academy Summer+ Program accommodation bookings can only be made via our application website for program participants. Click here for detailed information.
- Housing space and room types are limited and not guaranteed.
- Preferences will be met on a first-come, first-served basis, according to your application.
Scholarship opportunities for students from Indiana University, Temple University, The University of Texas at Austin, Washington University in St. Louis, University of St Andrews, Michigan State University, and Cornell University. Click here to learn more.
The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The program fee is:
- fully refundable if NTU cancels the program.
- 90% refundable if the student cancels the program before the start of class.
- 50% refundable if the student cancels the program before finishing 1/3 of the program.
- not refundable if the student cancels after finishing more than 1/3 of the program.
* Please note our program is a package, including some optional activities. The fee for activities won't be refunded if you choose to be absent from these activities.
* We reserve the right to verify the program's viability by May 27. If minimum enrollment is not met, the program may be subject to cancellation, with refunds provided accordingly.
How To Apply
Age: 16 or above
English Language Requirements-Taiwan culture courses are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English should have at least an intermediate proficiency in the English language (equivalent to TOEIC 600 or above).
February 20, 2024 - April 15, 2024
- Register and verify your email
- Fill in the online application form
- Pay the application fee USD 200 online by credit card
- Upload Documents：
- A color copy of your official transcripts (PDF format)
- A copy of your passport bio page (jpg format)
- A head-shot photo (jpg format)
- Check the result: The submitted documents will be reviewed by NTU, which will send the acceptance/rejection notice.
- Pay the program fee within 5 working days after receiving the acceptance notice. You can choose to pay by bank wire or by online credit card.
- After NTU confirms your payment status, you are able to fill in the admission information. NTU will send you the Admission Letter and Pre-departure guide before the program starts.
* Kindly refrain from booking airplane tickets to Taiwan until you have received the official NTU admission letter.
Sendy LIN (Ms.)
Tel: +886-(0)2-33662007 ext 235