In this program, students will have the opportunity to participate in all fields of research at NTU's state-of-the-art laboratories led by their respective professors. Laboratory work consists of working with other Graduate students of the university, as well as other participants in the program. Students can immerse themselves in Taiwanese culture through a range of activities and daily interactions with locals. It provides the opportunity to experience college life in a different country and environment.
Feel NTU Plus Academy!
Our excursions give you a direct understanding of Taiwanese culture while one-day trips are organized outside of Taipei for an in-depth exploration of our diverse nation.
Each program offers well-trained NTU students who can provide support for any problem you may encounter during your summer program.
Research and Culture Program (June 24-August 2, 2024)
*The schedule is subject to change.
Research Course (5 NTU short-term program credits )
The 2024 +R1 Research and Culture Program provides international students the opportunity and the resources to engage in NTU professors’ research or state-of-the-art laboratories. Students will improve research skills and knowledge in a specific area of interest under the supervision of NTU faculty members during this intensive 6-week program.
Departmental research offices and labs available include:
College of Science;
College of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science;
College of Engineering;
College of Bio-Resources and Agriculture;
College of Life Science;
College of Public Health;
College of Medicine;
College of Liberal Arts;
College of Social Sciences;
College of Management;
and College of Law.
Exploring Taiwan Course, Cultural Visits & Cultural Activities (2 NTU short-term program credits )
The Exploring Taiwan Course consists of a combination of in-class lectures, cultural tours, and activities. The lectures provide in-depth studies on specific social-cultural aspects of Taiwan. The cultural tours and activities supplement students’ learning from class lectures. Through a series of English-based lectures, cultural tours, and activities, students are expected to gain knowledge about different environmental, historical, and sociocultural facets of Taiwan. Exploring Taiwan classes allow students to understand how Taiwan’s past has shaped its modern state, and the subtle ways Taiwan embraces foreign culture with its local culture.
*Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive an academic transcript with 7 NTU short-term program credits. If they wish to have their credits approved, they should consult their home institutions and credit advisors in advance.
The program fee includes tuition, orientation, cultural courses, and activities.
The accommodation fee is NOT included, and participants should be responsible for their own housing.
List of partner institutions
List of Off-campus Accommodation
To facilitate your summer stay while studying at the NTU Plus Academy Summer+ Programs, We have assisted in arranging an additional housing option at Pure Co-living by 9floor with a discount rate for you.
Please be advised that NTU Plus Academy Summer+ Program accommodation bookings can only be made via our application website for program participants. Click here for detailed information.
- Housing space and room types are limited and not guaranteed.
- Preferences will be met on a first-come, first-served basis, according to your application.
The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The program fee is:
- fully refundable if NTU cancels the program.
- 90% refundable if the student cancels the program before the start of class.
- 50% refundable if the student cancels the program before finishing 1/3 of the program.
- not refundable if the student cancels after finishing more than 1/3 of the program.
* Please note our program is a package, including some optional activities. The fee for activities won't be refunded if you choose to be absent from these activities.
* The Application fee for the Taiwan Entry Permit (USD 30) will be added to the program fee (PRC students only).
* We reserve the right to verify the program's viability by May 27. If minimum enrollment is not met, the program may be subject to cancellation, with refunds provided accordingly.
How To Apply
This program is open to all international students who are:
- Graduate students currently studying at an international university. Minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Undergraduate students currently studying at an international university. Freshmen and Sophomores please consult with the professor you wish to study with from our NTU Faculty List before application. Minimum GPA of 2.7.
- High-School students in Junior years and above, please consult with the professor you wish to study with from our NTU Faculty List before application.
Your application will be reviewed once you upload all documents.
English Language Requirements
Taiwan culture courses are conducted in English. Students whose first language is not English should have at least an intermediate proficiency in the English language (equivalent to TOEIC 600 or above).
February 20, 2024 - April 15, 2024
- Register and verify your email
- Fill in the online application form
- Pay the application fee USD 200 online by credit card
- Upload Documents:
- A color copy of your official transcripts (PDF format)
- A one-page Statement of Purpose written in Chinese or English (PDF format)
- A Recommendation Letter in Chinese or English (PDF format)
- A copy of your passport bio page (jpg format)
- A head-shot photo (jpg format)
- ***Student Enrollment Verification 在學證明 (only for students holding PRC passport
- Choose up to 3 NTU Plus Academy Faculty from the Faculty List whom you would like to work with during the Research Program based on your study goals and/or interests. Rank in order of preference. (For those who have already been in contact with a professor listed in the Faculty List and got permission from the professor, please contact us directly and provide the professor's name and department. We will help you with later logistical arrangements once your application is confirmed.)
- Check the result: The submitted documents will be reviewed by NTU, which will send the acceptance/rejection notice.
- Pay the program fee within 5 working days after receiving the acceptance notice. You can choose to pay by bank wire or by online credit card.
- After NTU confirms your payment status, you are able to fill in the admission information. NTU will send you the Admission Letter and Pre-departure guide before the program starts.
* If you pay the program fee by bank wire to Hua Nan Commercial Bank, NTU Branch, please note that you need to consider the exchange rate discrepancy and the wire fees charged by your bank and Hua-Nan Bank in order to make sure you make the exact amount payment to NTU account. Hua-Nan Bank may charge an additional USD 20 wire fee.
* Kindly refrain from booking airplane tickets to Taiwan until you have received the official NTU admission letter.
Please note that it requires 1 to 1.5 months to apply for the ROC Exit/Entry Permit, students of Mainland China nationality must complete all the documentation before April 15. Please note that if you are currently outside of China, please do not leave the country until your Taiwan Entry Permit has been successfully approved.
Sendy LIN (Ms.)
Tel: +886-(0)2-33662007 ext 235