Postdoctoral researcher in robotics and control fields
Next-generation Surgical Automated Apparatus (NASA) Laboratory
Department of Electrical Engineering
National Taiwan University
(10617) No.1, Section 4, Roosevelt Road, Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan
Lab PI: Prof. Cheng-Wei Chen（陳政維助理教授）firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Develop surgical robots and related applications
i. Coordination between clinical requirements and engineering considerations;
ii. Definition of Proof-of-Concept(PoC) specifications;
iii. Definition of PoC evaluation protocols;
iv. Development and integration of prototypical systems;
v. Management of experiments, evaluations, and publications.
2. Help the PI to establish and lead the research team and to accelerate the development of the research projects
【What are we doing?】
1. High-accuracy surgical robot design, fabrication, assembly, verification, and evaluation
2. Automated surgical system integration including the robot and medical imaging modalities
3. User and control interface design, implementation, and evaluation
4. Perioperative surgical database establishment and learning–based autonomous sensing
5. Pre-clinical remote microsurgery with autonomous surgical guidance
【Requirements to applicants】
1. PhD in robotics, mechatronics, automation, and control fields
2. Familiar with CAD software and manufacturing process
3. Abilities of system integration and fast prototyping
4. Basic programming skill (C++/NI Labview/Matlab/Simulink)
5. Being responsible and self-improving
Annual appointment starts from 2/1/2019 or earlier. The research program is expected to continue for five years.
The monthly salary starts from NTD $58,350 which has been approved by the Ministry of Science and Technology,
Taiwan. We will try our best to match your salary and provide additional benefits such as medical insurance (the
medical insurance will be automatically covered for Taiwanese citizens as the regulation required).
Please email your CV to email@example.com (titled “XXX [name] + postdoctoral research in NTUEE NASA Lab”).
The hiring process will continue until a qualified candidate is matched to this position.