The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is responsible for developing National Taiwan University's (NTU) strategy for comprehensive internationalization. OIA plays a vital role in NTU's pursuit of excellence through cultivating international partnerships and creating global opportunities in the interests of students, faculty, and staff. We strive to offer accessible opportunities for international students of all backgrounds to study at NTU, increase global engagement, and foster a campus environment of diversity and inclusion.
NTU Currently maintains formal academic partnerships with more than 600 institutions in 67 countries. We week not only to deepen those relationships, but also to continually cultivate new ones.Mobility
Diversity and Inclusion
Cooperating with offices and departments across NTU, OIA aims to increase multilingual and multicultural spaces on campus, facilitate cross-cultural exchange between local and international communities, and enhance student support services.
- General Affairs: Responsible for the management of general administrative affairs.
- Projects: Responsible for providing research and analysis on trends and developments in international higher education.
Global Engagement Division
- Global Partnerships: In charge of partnership negotiations with overseas universities and academic institutions, promotion of relationship with partner universities, implementation of faculty exchange programs, international faculty award programs, contact point for international organizations, and event management.
- Global Relations: Responsibilities include welcoming foreign stakeholders and guests, reception and support for international scholars, Student Ambassador Project, and promoting the NTU brand.
Global Students Division
- Global Recruitment: In charge of overseas students (including International Students, Overseas Chinese Students, Students from Mainland China and Students from Hong Kong and Macao) recruitment strategies and education fairs, overseas/domestic recruitment events, as well as reception of overseas high school visits.
- Global Admission: In charge of admission process for all foreign students, including admission administration, procedure improvement and system maintenance.
- International Student Services: Services include not only assisting and advising international degree students to apply for scholarship, work permit, insurance etc., but also running the university-level projects such as dual degree student programs, exchange students programs, visiting students programs, and research visiting students programs. The goal for the center is to actively help international students to become and feel part of NTU's academic communities, and promote an active, balanced student life where cross-cultural exchanges and open dialogues are encouraged.
- Study Abroad: Responsible for all kinds of study abroad programs such as Exchange Student Program, Visiting Student Program, Summer Program, Short-term Program, Dual Degree Program and Overseas Internship Program (through partner universities). In addition to the various programs, Study Abroad Center also holds annual Study Abroad Fair in November to celebrate the anniversary of NTU and of course, to introduce all the programs to students and staffs through partner university booths and several info sessions.
- Plus Academy: NTU Plus Academy offers more than 20 topic-based short-term programs for international students. In addition to courses, students experience local customs, rich natural ecology, and gain further insights about traditional and modern society through a series of cultural activities and excursions. The Plus Academy collaborates with various units to increase English taught curricula and offers diverse Chinese language courses to enhance international students’ learning.
THE LOGO OF OIA
In the center of our logo is National Taiwan University’s representative Fu Bell, surrounded by the palm trees that line the main campus road, with the university library behind. The bell is a reminder of personal discipline and unending enlightenment. The palm trees are a symbol of continuous growth, exceptional vision, and unwavering willpower. The earthen shape of the logo represents internationalism, while the color and content are inspired by the university’s own logo. This not only represents NTU, but also the diverse, inclusive, and friendly environment for which OIA strives.