How to Apply?
All applications are done online. Upon finding your supervisor, please send an email to the manager of Research Visiting Program to obtain the link to online application.
When to Apply?
You are suggested to start the application 3 months prior to your intended start date;
Online application must be completed 2 months prior to your intended start date.
(Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the application for this program is currently suspended.)
All documents must be a clear color photocopy of original documents in either Chinese or English.
- ID Photo: A digital ID photo in compliance with government regulations (JPG format)
- Statement of Purpose: A statement with a maximum of 2 pages in length (PDF format) **NOTE: For students who apply for internship purpose, the statement must contain your internship plan, setting out in detail exactly what the intended Internship will consist of and how this is related to requirements of the program you are enrolled in or for your graduation.
- Academic Records (optional): A color photocopy of official transcripts in English or Chinese that include all courses taken during your current degree level (PDF format)
- Passport/PRC ID Card: A color photocopy of the personal information page of your passport; mainland Chinese applicants shall submit a color photocopy of both front and back of your PRC identity card instead (PDF format)
- Letter of Consent from NTU Host Professor: A Letter of Consent from your NTU host professor, confirming that he/she has agreed to act as your supervisor during your visiting period (PDF format)
- International Student Declaration Form: lease print out on the application system and sign the document (English version), upload the signed copy in PDF file.
- Letter of Recommendation from Home Institution: A letter of recommendation in English or Chinese from your home academic institution. Your recommender must be academically related to you, who can comment on your academic ability. Recommenders have the option to send the letter directly to the Visiting Student Program's manager (PDF format)
- Certificate of Enrollment:
- For Mainland Chinesee Applicants: please refer to 訪問研究計畫 正體中文頁面
Applicants of other nationalities:
(1) Submit a certificate of the valid student status in English or Chinese issued by your home university within 2 months specifically stating that you're requested to conduct an internship to complete the graduation.
(2) The statement must also contain your intended start and end dates.
(1) Only graduate students are qualified.
(2) Submit a certificate of the valid student status and level of study (Master / PhD. ) in English or Chinese issued by your home university within 2 months.
- Certificate of Remittance for Application Fee: A photocopy of the certificate of remittance for your application fee must be submitted before your application can be processed. Payment details can be downloaded from the Payment section of the online application system. (PDF format)
- Proof of Medical and Accident Insurance: The coverage must meet a minimum of TWD 1,000,000 (about USD 33,500) and must cover your entire visiting period at NTU. The proof must be submitted in hard copy on registration day or via email prior to registration. (PDF format)
- Additional documents are required for Mainland Chinese applicants holding a PRC passport. Please refer to 訪問研究計畫 正體中文頁面.
After You've Applied
After you have submitted your application form, you can log back in to the system with your email address and date of birth (yyyymmdd) to check your application status or to upload any remaining documents before your deadline.
Application Result Notice & Registration Document
- Application Result Notice:
If the application submitted 3 months prior to your designated date, you should expect to receive the result notice 1 month prior to your designated program start date. The noitce email will contain your Letter of Invitation from OIA, the Consent letter from Ministry of Education and the registration notice.
You may need to apply for a Visitor Visa in your country of residence before entering Taiwan. Contact the Taiwan (R.O.C.) diplomatic mission in your country/region for the required documents, latest information and advisement.
- Registration Document : Medical and Accidental insurance
You are required to provide a proof of medical and accidental insurance by the designated day OIA notifies in the Email. The insurance coverage must be at least TWD 1,000,000 (about USD 33,500) and must cover your entire visiting period at NTU.
Applying for On-Campus Housing
Due to the limited number of dorms, on-campus housing is NOT guaranteed for research visiting students, but you are more than welcome to apply in your application. There are Guo Qing Dorm 國青宿舍 (International Youth Center) and General Dorms (twin room) available for research visiting students’ application. To apply, simply check "Yes" on the Online Application System in response to the question regarding accommodation and then select your room preferences.
Please note that the university dorm can only accommodate you during the visiting period for which you applied in your application. If you plan to arrive early or leave late, you will be responsible for your own housing.
Visit the Accommodation section of our website for detailed information on the university dormitories, or off-campus accommodation.
During registration, you will receive a research visiting student ID card, a temporary card without an NTU student ID number, which gives you access to essential services on campus such as the library. Access to on-campus wireless will also be provided. If you would like a friendly NTU student volunteer to be assigned to you to help acquaint you with the University, you may request one on your application.
Visiting Student Guidebook
Wondering how you'll live and study? The Pre-arrival Guidebook for Exchange/Visiting Students , essential handbook for all prospective and current visiting students, is likely to answer your questions! You are encouraged to refer to VISA, FINANCE, TRANSPORTATION and SURIVAL INFORMATION for information on pre-arrival arrangements and campus life.
Information regarding NTU IDENTITY, COURSE SELECTION and HEALTH EXAM does not apply to research visiting students.
Ms. Lisa Lin
Manager, Global Student Affairs
Office of International Affairs, National Taiwan University
T: +886 (0)2 3366 2007 ext. 224