NTU COVID-19 Prevention Message - Updated on September 3Publish Date：2021-07-16 00:00:00
NTU COVID-19 Prevention Message
Due to the COVID-19 outburst, all classes have conducted remotely from May 15 till end of this semester. Students should refrain from entering the University and avoid go out unless absolutely necessary. Here are some important notes for your study/stay in NTU.
Travel: If you plan to go back to your home country, please submit the Travel Abroad Declaration and Application Form to us by email. Below is the instruction for your application,
1. Email Title: Travel Abroad Declaration & Application_Student ID_Full Name
2. Attachments: Complete Application, Department Chairman and Department Office confirmation emails (their email confirmation can be a valid approval to OIA).
3. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
0727 Reopen Pre-registration for Vaccination Willingness starting from July 27: CECC urges public Starting from July 27 14:00, Government-funded COVID-19 Vaccination Booking Platform will be reopened for the willingness of vaccination. Three COVID-19 Vaccine brands can be selected: AZ, Moderna, MVC (for age above 20). The students above age 18 with valid NHI eligible for COVID-19 vaccination, are now encouraged to register online (COVID-19 vaccination registration and booking system at https://1922.gov.tw/) to be vaccinated as soon as possible. System Operation Guidelines: https://ws.wda.gov.tw/001/Upload/299/relfile/7769/129880/1d02d670-7765-4945-9156-7fbae711ebb9.pdf
0727 Academic information from Office of Academic Affairs:
1. Summer courses are required to remain remote or online-only instruction. If departments want to offer in-class courses, there shall be no more 50 people indoors and social distancing shall be maintained. Face masks must be worn throughout. Departments shall submit application to the Office of Academic Affairs beforehand.
2. Five lecture buildings (including Gongtong, Putong, Xinsheng, Boya, Zonghe) remain closed.
3. Graduates who are willing to receive the Certificate of Diploma, you can take it on-site or have it sent by post. Apply online via https://reg71.aca.ntu.edu.tw/transcript_eng/index.php/user/loginG and pay for related costs to send it by post.
4. Freshman registration is switched online for the fall semester of 2021-2022 academic year, please check http://reg.aca.ntu.edu.tw/news
Ease Project for COVID-19 Prevention will remain for the fall semester of 2021-2022 academic year.
0727 Student Counseling Center:
1. Starting on 7/27, SCC will start to make counseling arrangement for students that had been seeing counselors at SCC and intake appointments will be provided first to students who scheduled intakes right before the pandemic break but were not able to be seen.
2. SCC intake booking system is opened for all students to schedule an intake appointment. Since the English interface is currently under construction. Please send your intake request to email@example.com and the staff will make an intake arrangement for you.
3. Disability Support Services Office restarts services on 7/27. SCC continues to take preventative measures to protect everyone’s safety. Please follow the directions from NTU Pandemic Committee: Take your temperature at the front desk. If you have a fever or respiratory tract symptoms, please go to see a doctor, stay at home to rest and avoid coming to the campus. Put on your mask at all times and maintain social distance while receiving services at SCC.
0726 Lower epidemic alert level to Level 2 from July 27 to August 9: CECC urges public to continue following epidemic prevention and control measures to protect health of people in Taiwan. For more information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/C-9A7siqyLWsca5Qb6npkA?typeid=158
0716 COVID-19 Vaccination Pre-registration: According to the Taiwan Central Epidemic Command Center, if you are 18 or older and holds a valid NHI card, you may now pre-register for COVID-19 vaccination (until 12:00 pm on July 19). After the pre-registration deadline, eligible people will be notified by text message from July 20 onwards and only those who receive the text message can make an appointment for vaccination. You may find more information on CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/Gn-TIERW6HQL0awMxHuTkg?typeid=158
The University will continue to implement the following measures:
1. Access to the Main Campus: Main Entrance, Changxing St. Entrance, and Xinhai Rd. Entrance.
2. On-campus food locations provide take-outs only.
3. NTU Library is temporarily closed; circulation service is still available.
4. The ongoing work from home policy will continue.
0705 Returning the Cap and Gown Rental: NTU Main Campus and NTU Downtown Campus has different way for returning the Cap and Gown Rental. Please returning Cap and Gown Rental by July 30th. NTU Main Campus：Mr. Chen (02)3366-5073
1. Reservation are required for In-person Return, http://126.96.36.199:8008/re110.aspx. Time: 13:30-16:15, every Tuesday and Thursday from 7/2-7/22, 09:00-12:00 or 13:30-16:15, from 7/26-7/30. Location: The warehouse of Property Management Division (Near Xiao Xiao Fu)
2. Return via Delivery, please pack all the items you rent, and write your name, student ID, department and phone number on the package. Send your package to, No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 10617, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Chih-Hao Chen, Property Management Division, Office of General Affair
NTU Downtown Campus：(College of Medicine, College of Public Health, School of Dentistry, and School of Pharmacy) Ms. Wang (02)2312-3456 Ext. 88091. Please return to 505 Room, 5th Floor of the Basic Medical Science Building between 13:30-16:00 every Thursday.
0615 Thesis/dissertation submission deadline extended to October 31, 2021: The defense time table is also flexible. As long as the Master’s and Ph.D. students can apply for the thesis/dissertation defense by September 17 and complete their thesis/dissertation submission process by October 31, 2021, they will be able to graduate on schedule. If you are unable to complete the process of submitting the thesis/dissertation by October 31, 2021, you have to pay the tuition and fees for the fall semester of the Academic Year 2021-2022, and if your maximum period of study has expired, please apply for an extension of the study period.
In June, the Tow-Away Zone at Freshman Women Dorm will be paused; starting May 20, used bike auctions at Shuiyuan Campus are temporarily closed; bikes that were towed to Shuiyuan Campus during March and April will be kept until September, 2021. Further changes will be updated according to University’s covid policy.
0526 Graduation Ceremony
In-person Graduation Ceremony on June 5 is moved online, in the form of pre-recorded videos which will be released on the internet on June 26. Further information about Graduation Ceremony videos will be announced on University's homepage and the site of the Student Activity Center Administration Division.
0521 Student Housing Service Division (Latest Update)
Students who remain in dormitories are required to follow the dormitory pandemic precautions and cooperate with real-name system when entering the dorm, take your temperature, wear masks at all times in public areas, and reduce unnecessary gatherings. If you do not feel well, required to do“Self-Health Management”, “Home Quarantine” or need off-campus accommodation for “Self-Health Management”, please visit the NTU Student Housing Service Division for more information.
Library (Latest Update)
1. Opening Hours reschedules from 08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday.
2. Loan Period for books extends to 90 days, renewal is allowed.
3. Further information will be updated according to the Covid-19 situation.
Course, Online Application, Graduate students’ thesis/dissertation defense (more details)
1. All courses have switched online, please contact and course professor or department offices if you need further assistance.
2. Application forms (Course Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, etc. are included) are all online with flexible application procedures.
3. Graduate students can take their master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation defense through the video conference. The whole process should be recorded and kept on file.
Taiwan Social Distancing App will alert you if you are near or contact people who have been tested positive for Covid-19. We strongly encourage you to download this app to ensure your own and community’s health. As for safety concerns, Taiwan Social Distancing is anonymous and no user data will be collected.
Follow the facebook page of National Taiwan University to get latest notice on University’s policy : https://www.facebook.com/iloventu/ If there’s any updates, NTU will inform you through your NTU mail. Thank you for your cooperation and Stay Safe!
Office of International Affairs
National Taiwan University