Founded in 1884 in Philadelphia, Temple University boasts 17 schools and colleges, over 540 degree programs, and outstanding academic performance in areas such as Business and Management, Sport Business, Film Studies and Psychology. The student number in Temple University is about 40,000 with a student-faculty ration of 14:1.
（Offered programs: www.temple.edu/academics/degree-programs）。
In the DBMD program, students will spend three years in NTU's undergraduate program and two years in Temple's graduate program. Upon fulfilling the graduation requirements of the two universities, students will be conferred with both a bachelor's degree from NTU and a master's degree from Temple University in five years. This program benefits students with cultural exchanges in language, academics and, culture alongside with the international competitiveness brought out by the local and global degrees.
Introduction video of Temple University DBMD Program from Ms. Sam Kelley, Assistant Director of Global Programs:
Temple University DBMD Program is a university-wide dual degree program undertaken by the OIA. The application must be submitted through NTU with nomination.
Currently enrolled NTU Junior or Senior bachelor student.
Less than three courses to take to achieve graduation requirement.
GPA 3.3 or above (in 4.3 scale)
*Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA while enrolled at Temple.
TOEFL iBT 79 or above/ IELTS Academic 6.5 or above
*For Fox Business School applicants, TOEFL iBT 90 or above/IELTS Academic 7.0 or above is required.
*For Media and Communications applicants, TOEFL iBT 100 or above/ IELTS Academic 7.0 or above is required.
For Fox Business School applicants, GMAT or GRE report might be required with a grade of 65% or above.
*Depending on the review of academic transcripts from Temple University, applicant might receive GMAT/GRE waiver.
Fall 2021 semester (August to December)
Application Submission Deadline: 4pm March 10, 2021
Spring 2022 semester (January to May)
Application Submission Deadline: 4pm October 1, 2021
*Only select departments accept Spring admission. Please check with Global Programs office to confirm.
Please finish 1. and 2. by the deadline, and follow the Department-specific instruction to complete 3.
- Please write an email to inform OIA coordinator(Ms. Kiki Nieh/ email@example.com) to indicate the program/major you would like to apply. OIA has to confirm your enrollment status with Temple University and change your student status in NTU.
*The administrative fee (TWD2,000) needs to be paid while applying for the dual degree student identity in NTU. The administrative fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
- Online Application
- Step 1: DBMD applicants will first complete an online Global Programs form via the website below.
Applicants will indicate they are applying to DBMD and select their major of interest.
- Step 2: Applicants will have to send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the online Global Programs form.
- Step 3: Applicants will receive an email providing Department-specific instructions for completing the remainder of their online application and for submitting their supporting documents. If an applicant does not receive this email within 48-hours of completing Step 1, the applicant should contact email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents
All supporting documents for the following Schools and Colleges will be submitted online through the Department-specific application portal:
- Boyer College of Music and Dance
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Public Health
- College of Science and Technology
- Fox School of Business
- Lew Klein College of Media and Communication
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
- Tyler School of Art
NTU: Students are required to pay full tuition and miscellaneous fee of NTU during their stay at Temple University.
Temple University: For the accurate tuition fee of each program, please refer to bursar.temple.edu/tuition-and-fees
Temple University Academic Calendar
Orientation: Student should arrive one week before beginning of semester or as indicated by the school department.
DBMD Master Degree Options: https://www.temple.edu/international/gp/programs/dbmd-master.html
Course Schedule: www.temple.edu/courses
Lodging (approximate): $7,500/semester (rent+utilities)
Food cost: Approx. $1,500/semester
Temple University Housing and Residential Life: housing.temple.edu/campus-living/residence-halls/graduate-housing
Off-campus Accommodations: https://offcampus.temple.edu/
DBMD students receive merit based scholarships every semester in which they are enrolled, provided they maintain a 3.0 GPA. Students do not need to apply for the scholarship.
- Graduate admission decisions are reviewed by the department in which the student chooses to apply and most decisions are completed within 4-6 weeks after students submit a complete application package to Temple University.
- www.temple.edu/isss (visa information and I-20 application)
Ms. Kiki Nieh／(02) 3366 2007 ext. 230／firstname.lastname@example.org