- Language of instruction is German also with courses taught in English.Regular classes held in German will require B2/C1 level of language proficiency. Course catalogue: Available from July onwards (for those coming in October, winter semester) and from January onwards (for those coming in April, summer semester). For courses, course descriptions, contacts etc. please see here
- Areas of study not available to exchange students: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Psychology,Liberal Arts and Sciences (University College Freiburg).
- Minimum living expenses: 750 – 900 EUR per month
• Accommodation: 250 – 400 EUR
• Food: 200 EUR
• Clothes: 50 EUR
• Study materials: 40 EUR
• Public transportation: 89 EUR (Semester ticket valid for 6 months)
• Insurance: 80 EUR
• Telephone, TV, Internet: 50 EUR
• Miscellaneous: 80-100 EUR
- Language courses for incoming exchange students: Language Teaching Center (SLI)
- Work load: Recommendation for exchange students: 24 ECTS points with no up nor down limit.
- For PHD students: If you plan to work on your PhD thesis resp. do research while on exchange at our university, it is indeed necessary for you to hand in an informal letter of acceptance (“Betreuungszusage”) issued by a Freiburg professor and stating that he/she will supervise your work during your time in Freiburg. Therefore to get a “Betreuungszusage” you would have to get in contact with staff at our faculties directly.
If you - on the other hand - plan to take regular university classes, language courses etc. a “Betreuungszusage” is not necessary though and you would also be registered as an exchange student, of course!