International students who would like to do part-time jobs or internships in Taiwan (either on or off campus) are required to have a valid work permit before starting work. Please note that if you hold a job without a work permit, you may be fined from NTD 30,000 to NTD 150,000 and expelled from Taiwan immediately.
The maximum validity period of a work permit is six months. For applications made in the fall semester, the work permit will be expire on March 31th of following year at the latest. For applications made in the spring semester, the work permit will expire on September 30th of the same year at the latest.
Work Permit Online Application System (International Degree Student Only)
Please create an account on the Workforce Development Agency website and follow the instructions in the manual to submit an application.
Application Website: Work Development Agency EZ Work Permit
Maunal: EZ Work Permit Website User Manual for Foreign Students, Overseas Chinese Students, and Ethnic Chinese Students
Work Permit Application Process
- For first time applicants, please refer to the manual above and create an account on the application system first.
- Please select "foreign students - 4 year universities," "foreign students - Master," or "foreign students - Doctor" for the "Identity" column.
- Please fill in full department name in Chinese for the "Faculty" column (please refer to your department website or your student ID card).
- After you have submitted the online application, please inform the administrative staff at your department to complete the application review. Your application will be submitted to OIA only after it has been approved by your department.
- Upload the required documents under the appropriate file name. The required documents are:
- Photocopy of student ID card
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of the ARC (front and back)
- Post Office Work Permit Application fee (TWD 100) Payment Receipt (please upload this under "Others")
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Note: For “Photocopy of student ID card” file, please upload a photocopy of your student ID card together with a current “Certificate of Enrollment”.
- OIA will inform you by email when we receive your work permit from the Workforce Development Agency.
- You can only apply for reissuance of a work permit if the original permit is lost.
- The maximum work hours are 20 hours per week for students with a work permit, except during summer and winter vacation.
- According to Employment Services Act, you may be fined from NTD 30,000 to NTD 150,000 and expelled from Taiwan immediately if you hold a job without a valid work permit.
- According to the "Regulations on the Permission and Administration of the Employment of Foreign Workers," you can only apply for a student work permit if you are enrolled as a degree student in an university or have taken a one-year language course in Taiwan.
- The maximum validity period of a work permit is six months. For applications made in the fall semester, the work permit will be expire on March 31th of following year at the latest. For applications made in the spring semester, the work permit will expire on September 30th of the same year at the latest.
- If you would like to receive the work permit in person, please fill in the declaration form and submit the form at the designated counter of the Workforce Development Agency. You have to submit the payment receipt at the counter by the appointed deadline to receive the work permit. The Workforce Development Agency will send the permit by mail if you did not pick up the work permit before the deadline.
For more information, please contact Workforce Development Agency
- Website: http://www.wda.gov.tw/
- Address: 10F, No. 39, Sec. 1, Zhonghua Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City
- TEL: (02)8995-6000
- Office Hours for Application Submission in Person: Monday to Friday, 8:30-17:30
- E-mail: email@example.com
- For the complete regulation, please refer to: Ministry of Labor Employment Service Act