The Research Visiting Program is a non-degree program designed for students enrolled in overseas academic institutions who are interested in conducting short-term research or internship with an NTU faculty member.
Research visiting students cannot enroll in courses.
- Undergraduates: International students1 enrolled in overseas academic institutions2 who are required to conduct an internship in order to satisfy graduation requirements.
- Graduates: International students1 enrolled in overseas academic institutions2 who are required to conduct an internship in order to satisfy graduation requirements, or interested in conducting a research/ writing a thesis in Taiwan.
1 International student: A student of foreign nationality pursuing a formal degree.
2 Overseas academic Institution: institutions are included in the reference list issued by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C. Please refer to https://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/home_Eng.aspx to confirm your home school is on the list before starting the application.
(*Note: The above system is temporarily unable to connect, please refer to the reference list at: https://depart.moe.edu.tw/ed2500/News.aspx?n=E8380E03A0E16960&sms=D2E10027BB4EC183 (Chinese only))
- The program duration is flexible, ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months (180 days). You can customize your program duration and choose a time of the year to start.
- Due to Visa regulations, the duration may not exceed 180 days. Should you need to stay longer than the maximum period permitted, you must exit Taiwan to acquire a new Visa, and then re-enter the country. An additional program fee will be applied for the additional duration.
|Fee||Less than 2 months||2 to 6 months|
|1st Payment (paid with application)||TWD 9,000||TWD 9,000|
|2nd Payment (paid upon arrival)||TWD 6,000||TWD 21,000|
|Total||TWD 15,000||TWD 30,000|
- The above fee does not include the cost of living. Visit Accommodation for off-campus housing suggestions.
- The 1st payment of program fee is a one-time, non-refundable payment, serving as application fee.
- You can find your beneficiary's account details on the 'Payment' section of the Online Application System. Please note that each applicant is assigned a unique beneficiary's account and that you must only wire your payment to your own designated account.
- We accept wire transfer payments in foreign currencies equivalent or approximate to the amount of New Taiwan Dollar (TWD). Please consult your bank to determine the transfer amount as the exchange rate may vary.
- The Research Visiting Program is a non-degree program, meaning no credit or degree will be awarded by NTU; however, you should consult with your supervisor about your roles and responsibilities.
Finding an NTU Host Professor
- Before starting your application, you must acquire an NTU faculty member who is willing to act as your supervisor.
- It is suggested that you first browse through the faculty list in the department or the graduate institute of your interest, and then check individual faculty websites to learn about their research interests and experiences; finally, contact a few potential supervisors directly to discuss your research interests.
- At present, the University consists of 11 colleges, 58 departments, 146 graduate institutes. We invite you to explore what NTU can offer by visiting the individual college and school websites below: