GO TO NTU - Post-Arrival Guidebook is a very useful guidebook during your stay at NTU. It includes usefule tips and information on such topics as course selection, campus life, etc.
Click on the picture below to view or download the Post-Arrival Guidebook.
OIA prepared a series of welcome activities to welcome all the international students to National Taiwan University. The welcome activities include a Campus Tour, Orientation Session, Registration, and the Chinese Placement Test. All international students, including degree students, exchange students, and visiting students are welcome to join!
By fully participating in the activities, you will get to know more about the university facilities, services, tips to survive, etc. Also, by completing the registration procedure, you will receive your student ID card.
Please access the page of Welcome Week to get the most updated information.
On-site Exchange Registration
Applicable to exchange students who are joining the on-site exchange program.
1. Fill in your emergency contact in Taiwan
Log in to https://my.ntu.edu.tw/ >> Students >> Personal Information >> Personal Information with your NTU student account, and complete the form.
- All the blanks on the page are mandatory items.
- You are requested to have a contact number in Taiwan, and at least one emergency contact who is reachable in Taiwan. Your emergency contact can be one of your friends or student volunteer. Please get their permission first before you fill in their names and phone numbers.
2. Finish payment and get a receipt
As an exchange student, your tuition fee at NTU is waived, but the Service fee for Information Networking Infrastructure (TWD 400~600) is required. Log in to Tuition & Fees Payment Invoice with your NTU student account, and download your payment sheet. Completing the payment at the post office or convince stores in Taiwan*, and keep the receipt.
* Note: Overseas remittance or credit card payment is not available.
3. Bring the following required items to the registration venue:
|A||Registration Notice||Mobile screen|
|B||Payment sheet and receipt (Service fee for Information Networking Infrastructure)||Hard copy|
|C||NTU Health Examination Form & Form C||Original hard copy|
|D||Insurance Proof or a Valid National Health Insurance (NHI) card||Original or photocopy|
|E||International Student Declaration Form||Original hard copy with signature|
If you have difficulty to submit all the above documents on the day of registration, please contact your NTU exchange coordinator to schedule a make-up registration.
If you cannot come for in-person registration because of the quarantine/self-health management, please also contact your NTU exchange coordinator to schedule a make-up registration
Online Exchange Registration
Applicable to exchange students who are joining the virtual/online exchange program.
The following steps are general rules. Please refer to email notice from OIA for further instruction to complete your registration of the semester. Students who fail to upload the required documents above will be considered as incomplete of their NTU registration. For any question or concerns, please email your NTU exchange coordinator to schedule a make-up registration.
1. Fill in your Personal Information
- Log in to https://my.ntu.edu.tw/ >> Students >> Personal Information >> Personal Information with your NTU student account, and complete the form. All the blanks on the page are mandatory items. Please fill in a reachable number in your home country of yourself, as well as your emergency contact. Your emergency contact should be one of your parents.
- Upload the screenshot(s) of the finished form in one single PDF to the NTU Incoming Exchange Student Program System.
2. Finish payment and get a receipt
- As an exchange student, your tuition fee at NTU is waived, but the Service fee for Information Networking Infrastructure (TWD 400~600) is required. OIA will inform you individually about the payment by email. Please follow the instructions from OIA to pay the fee, and upload the receipt to the NTU Incoming Exchange Student Program System.
Extend or Shorten Your Exchange Period
Who can apply?
The maximum exchange period at NTU is one academic year. If you are originally admitted for one semester of exchange, you may apply for an extension upon gaining an approval from both your home university and NTU; if you are originally admitted for one academic year, but wish to shorten due to personal reasons, you may apply to shorten your exchange period.
When is the deadline?
December 1st (First semester) or June 1st (Second semester).
How to apply?
Approvals from both your home university and NTU are required. If the exchange program has reached the maximum number of students, your application for extension might not be approved. Therefore, please consult with both sides, the coordinator from your home university and NTU exchange coordinator, for further information.